Close Menu
  • Home
  • Education
  • Health
  • National News
  • Politics
  • Relationship & Wellness
  • World News
What's Hot

New labour codes: From layoff guidelines to timely wages; new checklist issued for employers – The Times of India

February 20, 2026

Mahua Moitra’s battle for Henry: How Indian law decides who keeps the Rottweiler

February 20, 2026

Yash's 'Toxic': Action-Packed Teaser Released, Excitement Soars Ahead of March 19 Release | – The Times of India

February 20, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Global News Bulletin
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Education
  • Health
  • National News
  • Politics
  • Relationship & Wellness
  • World News
Global News Bulletin
Home»Business»Mustafizur Rahman controversy: Bangladesh seek shift of T20 World Cup games from India | Cricket News – The Times of India
Business

Mustafizur Rahman controversy: Bangladesh seek shift of T20 World Cup games from India | Cricket News – The Times of India

editorialBy editorialJanuary 4, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Telegram Copy Link
Mustafizur Rahman controversy: Bangladesh seek shift of T20 World Cup games from India | Cricket News – The Times of India
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email Copy Link
Mustafizur Rahman controversy: Bangladesh seek shift of T20 World Cup games from India
Mustafizur Rahman (AFP Photo)

NEW DELHI: The Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) has been directed by the country’s sports ministry to seek a shift of Bangladesh’s T20 World Cup league matches from India to Sri Lanka, citing “concerns about players’ safety” following Mustafizur Rahman’s removal from the IPL on BCCI instructions.The Shah Rukh Khan co-owned IPL franchise Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) released the Bangladesh left-arm pacer — bought for Rs 9.20 crore after a bidding war at last month’s auction in Abu Dhabi — in line with the BCCI’s diktat.

Sarfaraz Khan is knocking the selectors’ door again

BCB president and former Bangladesh skipper Aminul Islam Bulbul refrained from making any public comment after an emergency board meeting held in the wake of the development.However, government adviser Asif Nazrul said he has instructed the board to approach the Jay Shah-led ICC to shift Bangladesh’s four league matches — three scheduled in Kolkata and one in Mumbai — to Sri Lanka.“As the adviser in charge of the Ministry of Sports, I have instructed the Cricket Control Board to put the entire matter in writing and explain it to the ICC,” Nazrul wrote in Bengali on his Facebook page.“The board must make it clear that if a Bangladeshi cricketer, despite being under contract, cannot play in India, then the Bangladesh national team cannot feel safe travelling to India to play the World Cup.“I have also directed the board to formally request that Bangladesh’s World Cup matches be held in Sri Lanka instead,” he further wrote.Bangladesh’s four league fixtures are against West Indies (February 7), Italy (February 9) and England (February 14) in Kolkata, followed by their final group match against Nepal (February 17) in Mumbai.A BCCI source, however, maintained that such a shift is virtually impossible with just a month remaining before the tournament.“You can’t just change games at someone’s whims and fancies. It is a logistical nightmare. Think about opposition teams. Their air tickets, hotels are booked.“Also on all days there are three games each which means one game is in Sri Lanka. There is broadcast crew. So it will be easier said than done,” the source said.India’s arch-rival Pakistan are already playing their World Cup matches in Sri Lanka as part of an understanding reached months ago.Meanwhile, Indo-Bangladesh relations have deteriorated sharply following the ouster of Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, who fled to India in August last year after anti-government protests.She was later sentenced to death in absentia by a tribunal for her alleged role in a deadly crackdown during the agitation in which several students were killed.While the BCCI did not explicitly cite the prevailing political situation as the reason for seeking Rahman’s release, it indicated that the decision was triggered by recent developments.Hindus have been targeted in violent attacks since Hasina’s ouster.

Follow on Google News Follow on Flipboard
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Previous Article‘Dropping her home safely was my duty’: Meet the TET-qualified Kolkata cab driver whose viral act is restoring the city’s trust
Next Article Dhurandhar Box Office Collection Day 30 Update: Ranveer Singh film earns Rs 11.45 cr on Sunday; needs Rs 44 cr to break RRR’s record
editorial
  • Website

Related Posts

New labour codes: From layoff guidelines to timely wages; new checklist issued for employers – The Times of India

February 20, 2026

Yash's 'Toxic': Action-Packed Teaser Released, Excitement Soars Ahead of March 19 Release | – The Times of India

February 20, 2026

Ranveer Singh extortion threat: Bishnoi gang asks for Rs 10 crore from 'Dhurandhar' actor; voice note belongs to US number | – The Times of India

February 20, 2026

'Great son of India': UK deputy PM David Lammy, Rishi Sunak trade stories of their Indian heritage | India News – The Times of India

February 20, 2026

OpenAI CEO Sam Altman calls out tech companies for mass layoffs; says: Can't blame everything on… – The Times of India

February 20, 2026

Stock market today: Nifty50 surges 116 points; BSE Sensex settles 316 point higher at 82,814 – The Times of India

February 20, 2026
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Economy News

New labour codes: From layoff guidelines to timely wages; new checklist issued for employers – The Times of India

By editorialFebruary 20, 2026

Labour and employement ministry has detailed a compliance checklist for employers in order to tighten…

Mahua Moitra’s battle for Henry: How Indian law decides who keeps the Rottweiler

February 20, 2026

Yash's 'Toxic': Action-Packed Teaser Released, Excitement Soars Ahead of March 19 Release | – The Times of India

February 20, 2026
Top Trending

New labour codes: From layoff guidelines to timely wages; new checklist issued for employers – The Times of India

By editorialFebruary 20, 2026

Labour and employement ministry has detailed a compliance checklist for employers in…

Mahua Moitra’s battle for Henry: How Indian law decides who keeps the Rottweiler

By editorialFebruary 20, 2026

The Delhi High Court on Thursday issued notice to Jai Anant Dehadrai,…

Yash's 'Toxic': Action-Packed Teaser Released, Excitement Soars Ahead of March 19 Release | – The Times of India

By editorialFebruary 20, 2026

Rocking Star Yash returns in the gangster thriller ‘Toxic: A Fairytale for…

Subscribe to News

Get the latest sports news from NewsSite about world, sports and politics.

Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest Vimeo WhatsApp TikTok Instagram

News

  • Education
  • Health
  • National News
  • Relationship & Wellness
  • World News
  • Politics

Company

  • Information
  • Advertising
  • Classified Ads
  • Contact Info
  • Do Not Sell Data
  • GDPR Policy
  • Media Kits

Services

  • Subscriptions
  • Customer Support
  • Bulk Packages
  • Newsletters
  • Sponsored News
  • Work With Us

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

© Copyright Global News Bulletin.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Accessibility
  • Website Developed by Digital Strikers

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.