Close Menu
  • Home
  • Education
  • Health
  • National News
  • Politics
  • Relationship & Wellness
  • World News
What's Hot

'O' Romeo' Full Movie Collection: 'O' Romeo' box office collection Day 8: Shahid Kapoor starrer begins second weekend by crossing Rs 75 crore worldwide | – The Times of India

February 21, 2026

Fake cops, honeytrap, Rs 50,000 demand: Gujarat High Court slams ‘easy money’ crime as it slashes sentences in 2010 case

February 21, 2026

Ranveer mgr got calls, notes from ‘Canada-based’ Lawrence Bishnoi gang aide demanding Rs 20cr: FIR | Mumbai News – The Times of India

February 21, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Global News Bulletin
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Education
  • Health
  • National News
  • Politics
  • Relationship & Wellness
  • World News
Global News Bulletin
Home»National News»Bangladesh refuse to travel to India for 2026 T20 World Cup, BCB writes to ICC requesting change of venues
National News

Bangladesh refuse to travel to India for 2026 T20 World Cup, BCB writes to ICC requesting change of venues

editorialBy editorialJanuary 4, 2026No Comments5 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Telegram Copy Link
Bangladesh refuse to travel to India for 2026 T20 World Cup, BCB writes to ICC requesting change of venues
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email Copy Link

The Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) has requested the International Cricket Council (ICC) to shift Bangladesh’s T20 World Cup matches outside India, citing “concerns regarding the safety and security” of players after “taking into account developments over the last 24 hours”. India are already co-hosting the T20 World Cup with Sri Lanka due to Pakistan’s refusal to play in the country.

The BCB said in a statement that its board of directors has resolved that Bangladesh won’t travel to India for the tournament. “Following a thorough assessment of the prevailing situation and the growing concerns regarding the safety and security of the Bangladesh contingent in India and considering the advice from the Bangladesh Government, the Board of Directors resolved that the Bangladesh National Team will not travel to India for the tournament under the current conditions,” said the BCB.

“In light of this decision, the BCB has formally requested the International Cricket Council (ICC), as the event authority, to consider relocating all of Bangladesh’s matches to a venue outside India.”

Placed in Group C along with England, Italy, Nepal and the West Indies, Bangladesh were scheduled to play all their group stage matches in India. Their first three matches are scheduled to be played in Kolkata while the last is slated to be hosted by Mumbai.

‘Won’t stand for any insult to Bangladesh’s cricket, cricketers and the country’

It is the latest in a series of events that have unfolded after fast bowler Mustafizur Rahman was released by his Indian Premier League (IPL) team Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) following instructions from the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI). India shortly thereafter put a scheduled tour of Bangladesh later this year on hold.

Asif Nazrul, the advisor for Youth and Sports in the Mohammad Yunus-led interim government of Bangladesh, had said earlier on Sunday that he had instructed the BCB to raise the matter with the International Cricket Council (ICC) and make it clear the team “won’t feel safe” playing their games in India.

“As the advisor in charge of the Sports Ministry, I have asked the Board of Control for Cricket in Bangladesh to explain the entire matter to the ICC and write to it,” said Nazrul on his Facebook page.

Story continues below this ad

“The board should make it clear that where a Bangladeshi cricketer cannot play in India despite being contracted, the entire Bangladeshi cricket team cannot feel safe going to the World Cup. I have also instructed the board to request that Bangladesh’s World Cup matches be held in Sri Lanka.”

Nazrul further said that he has requested the country’s Information and Broadcasting Advisor to not broadcast IPL matches in Bangladesh. “We won’t stand for any insult to Bangladesh’s cricket, cricketers and the country. The days of slavery are over,” he said concluding his statement.

The ongoing political crisis between the two countries has thrown a shadow of uncertainty on their cricketing ties, with the BCCI on Saturday also putting India’s tour of Bangladesh later this year on hold along with getting KKR to release Mustafizur.

“We didn’t travel to Bangladesh last year too, BCB had issued their international calendar, but it looks doubtful, as we need Indian government approval to play in any other country. As far as the T20I World Cup is concerned, Bangladesh will play as per the scheduled games in India,” a top BCCI official had told the Indian Express.

Story continues below this ad

Political storm over KKR’s Mustafizur Rahman acquisition

KKR had bought Mustafizur in the auction ahead of the 2026 season of the IPL in December. However, in recent days, KKR and their co-owner, Bollywood superstar, Shah Rukh Khan came under intense criticism and pressure, with various political leaders calling for the three-time IPL champions to remove Rahman from their squad.

Hindu spiritual leader Jagadguru Rambhadrachary had called the 60-year-old actor “anti-national”, adding that he had no character.

“…It is unfortunate (Shah Rukh Khan took Bangladeshi cricketer in KKR for IPL 2026), but he will do so because he is considered a hero. Shah Rukh Khan’s stance has consistently been at odds with the nation. He has no character. His character has always been questionable and anti-national,” Rambhadrachary said.

Shiv Sena leader Anand Dubey had also targetted the actor, adding that they would not allow Rahman to play at “any cost”.

Story continues below this ad

“If Shah Rukh Khan plays him and earns money, that money will be used to nurture terrorists there and conspire against our country. We will not allow this to happen at any cost,” he said.

KKR said in a statement that came shortly after BCCI secretary Devajit Saikia announced communicating with the franchise, that it has released Mustafizur. “The release has been carried out following due process and consultations, upon the instruction of the Board of Control of Cricket in India. BCCI will allow Kolkata Knight Riders a replacement player in line with IPL regulations, and further details will be communicated in due course,” it added.

Follow on Google News Follow on Flipboard
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Previous ArticleDrama! Mustafizur Rahman row: IPL broadcast to be suspended in Bangladesh? | Cricket News – The Times of India
Next Article 'Take care of yourself, your Ma': Kolkata cabby ensures drunk passenger reaches home safely on Christmas-eve; says it was 'basic humanity' – watch | Kolkata News – The Times of India
editorial
  • Website

Related Posts

Fake cops, honeytrap, Rs 50,000 demand: Gujarat High Court slams ‘easy money’ crime as it slashes sentences in 2010 case

February 21, 2026

Charpai, couture and comics: What the Macrons saw in Delhi

February 21, 2026

CBSE Class 12 Physics Exam Analysis: How was the paper today?

February 21, 2026

Andrew’s arrest in the UK attests to the rule of law. Why is the US standing still on Epstein?

February 21, 2026

In ‘race’ to woo Brahmin community in Uttar Pradesh, BJP ally SBSP is latest entrant

February 20, 2026

Supreme Court directs CJ of Calcutta High Court to appoint judicial officers for deciding claims, objections in WB SIR

February 20, 2026
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Economy News

'O' Romeo' Full Movie Collection: 'O' Romeo' box office collection Day 8: Shahid Kapoor starrer begins second weekend by crossing Rs 75 crore worldwide | – The Times of India

By editorialFebruary 21, 2026

Shahid Kapoor-led ‘O Romeo’ began its second week at the box office on a low…

Fake cops, honeytrap, Rs 50,000 demand: Gujarat High Court slams ‘easy money’ crime as it slashes sentences in 2010 case

February 21, 2026

Ranveer mgr got calls, notes from ‘Canada-based’ Lawrence Bishnoi gang aide demanding Rs 20cr: FIR | Mumbai News – The Times of India

February 21, 2026
Top Trending

'O' Romeo' Full Movie Collection: 'O' Romeo' box office collection Day 8: Shahid Kapoor starrer begins second weekend by crossing Rs 75 crore worldwide | – The Times of India

By editorialFebruary 21, 2026

Shahid Kapoor-led ‘O Romeo’ began its second week at the box office…

Fake cops, honeytrap, Rs 50,000 demand: Gujarat High Court slams ‘easy money’ crime as it slashes sentences in 2010 case

By editorialFebruary 21, 2026

5 min readNew DelhiUpdated: Feb 20, 2026 03:15 PM IST Gujarat High…

Ranveer mgr got calls, notes from ‘Canada-based’ Lawrence Bishnoi gang aide demanding Rs 20cr: FIR | Mumbai News – The Times of India

By editorialFebruary 21, 2026

ctor Ranveer Singh received extortion threats for Rs 20 crore from Harry…

Subscribe to News

Get the latest sports news from NewsSite about world, sports and politics.

Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest Vimeo WhatsApp TikTok Instagram

News

  • Education
  • Health
  • National News
  • Relationship & Wellness
  • World News
  • Politics

Company

  • Information
  • Advertising
  • Classified Ads
  • Contact Info
  • Do Not Sell Data
  • GDPR Policy
  • Media Kits

Services

  • Subscriptions
  • Customer Support
  • Bulk Packages
  • Newsletters
  • Sponsored News
  • Work With Us

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

© Copyright Global News Bulletin.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Accessibility
  • Website Developed by Digital Strikers

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.