3 min readVadodaraUpdated: Feb 16, 2026 02:33 PM IST
After more than 18schools in Vadodara city and district received emails threatening simultaneous bomb blasts Monday morning, the police and cybercrime units investigated the emails’ origin and lodged a First Information Report (FIR) in connection with the case.
According to the police, 14 schools in Vadodara city and at least four schools within the Vadodara district police jurisdiction received a facsimile email Monday morning,a day before CBSE board examinations for classes 10 and 12 are set to begin.

In Vadodara, DR Amin School, Urmi School, Nalanda School, Baroda High School in Bagikhana, Navyug School, Jeevan Sadhna, Shanen School, Bright Day School, Atmiya Vidyalaya, Don Bosco Makarpura, Billabong, Auxilium Convent, Zenith School, American School, as well as Green Valley School, GPS and AWS Dabhoi received the bomb threats.
Following the threats, Narasimha Komar, Commissioner of Police, Vadodara City, visited Don Bosco School in Makarpura. Komar said an FIR had been registered, and an investigation launched to trace the source of the emails.
“We have completed the sanitisation of nine schools, and other school campuses are in progress. A criminal case has been lodged at the cybercrime police station. The Cyber crime police station, CERT-in (Indian Computer Emergency Response Team), and I4C (Indian Cyber Crime Coordination Centre), along with other sister concern organisations, will launch an in-depth probe into the matter to trace the origin of the emails, the identity of the sender and their objective,” said Komar.
“We will make all attempts to thwart their further actions. We have received such emails in the past, and based on the content, it appears to be a mischievous act, but the police have taken the emails seriously. We have assured the school management and parents that we are making all attempts to ensure that their academic sessions and scheduled examinations go off smoothly.”
Most schools dismissed for the day, asking parents to collect their children from their respective schools.
Senior police officers said the email received at around 7 am in most schools on Monday, threatened that the bombs would go off at 1.11 pm. The email also threatened that bombs were planted in cars and school buses in the schools in Ahmedabad and Vadodara.
Story continues below this ad
Teams from the city police and Bomb Detection and Disposal Squads were sent to conduct checks on campuses, with senior police officers saying that managing simultaneous checks across multiple premises was challenging.
“The emails of the bomb threat were received by the schools in succession around the same time. Cybercrime officials are examining the content, time, and origin of the emails. We have dispatched local police units to check for suspicious objects and cordon off the area. So far, no suspicious items have been found,” said a senior Vadodara city police officer.
Most schools dismissed for the day, asking parents to collect their children from their respective schools.
“The email had been sent to our office. The administrative staff noted the email after the school had just commenced… We informed the police and decided to disperse the students in the best interest. The parents were called, and we handed over their wards to them safely in order to avoid any untoward incident,” said a principal of a school in Vadodara city.
Stay updated with the latest – Click here to follow us on Instagram
© The Indian Express Pvt Ltd

