Close Menu
  • Home
  • Education
  • Health
  • National News
  • Politics
  • Relationship & Wellness
  • World News
What's Hot

Subramanyam Vedam: Freed of murder charges after 43 years, why is Indian-origin Subramanyam Vedam still not free in US? | World News – The Times of India

February 19, 2026

Neena Gupta recalls Subhash Ghai’s humiliating request to wear padded bra in Khalnayak: ‘I was so angry’

February 19, 2026

Sunil Gavaskar: ‘Expectations weighing him down’: Sunil Gavaskar reveals how Abhishek Sharma can survive T20 World Cup test | Cricket News – The Times of India

February 19, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Global News Bulletin
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Education
  • Health
  • National News
  • Politics
  • Relationship & Wellness
  • World News
Global News Bulletin
Home»Business»Fortified tunnels, repaired missile sites: Is Iran preparing for US strike? What satellite images show – The Times of India
Business

Fortified tunnels, repaired missile sites: Is Iran preparing for US strike? What satellite images show – The Times of India

editorialBy editorialFebruary 19, 2026No Comments4 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Telegram Copy Link
Fortified tunnels, repaired missile sites: Is Iran preparing for US strike? What satellite images show – The Times of India
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email Copy Link
Fortified tunnels, repaired missile sites: Is Iran preparing for US strike? What satellite images show

Satellite imagery from Iran shows that the Khamenei-regime is accelerating efforts to fortify key nuclear and missile sites, as the United States ramps up its military presence in the region and warns that time for diplomacy is running out.The images, captured between late 2024 and February 2026, show new concrete shielding, buried tunnel entrances and reconstruction at missile bases previously struck during last year’s Israel-Iran conflict, as reported by Reuters.

Photo credit: Reuters

Iran Issues NOTAM Ahead Of Missile Launch; Tensions Peak As U.S. Military Buildup Continues

The developments come amid renewed nuclear talks and increasingly blunt rhetoric from Washington. The United States has also deployed its largest military presence in the Middle East since the 2003 invasion of Iraq, heightening concerns over possible strikes against Iran as President Donald Trump considers his next move. According to sources cited by CNN, US forces could be prepared to act as soon as this weekend, though no final decision has been made. Trump is said to be consulting advisers and foreign leaders, balancing the risks of military action against the prospects for diplomacy.President Donald Trump convened senior advisers this week to discuss next steps following negotiations in Geneva. According to Axios, officials described the administration as closer to a potential military campaign than many Americans realise. White House press secretary Karoline Leavitt said “there are many arguments one can make in favor of a strike against Iran”, though she added that the president prefers diplomacy and that “Iran would be wise to make a deal”.Against that backdrop, satellite images offer a rare window into Tehran’s parallel strategy on the ground.

Concrete shield at Parchin raises fresh questions

At the sensitive Parchin military complex, around 30km south-east of Tehran, imagery shows the rapid evolution of a damaged structure into what experts describe as a hardened bunker.Israel reportedly struck Parchin in October 2024. Images taken shortly afterwards show extensive damage to a rectangular building. By November that year, reconstruction was under way. Satellite photographs from October 2025 reveal the skeleton of a large new structure, flanked by two smaller buildings. By mid-November, a metallic roof appeared to cover the main facility.However, images from December show the structure partially concealed. By 16 February 2026, it was no longer visible, hidden beneath what analysts say is a concrete overbuild covered in soil.The Washington-based Institute for Science and International Security (ISIS) described the development as a “concrete sarcophagus” around a facility it identified as Taleghan 2. In earlier analysis, ISIS said imagery indicated the presence of a long cylindrical chamber inside the building, possibly a high-explosives containment vessel approximately 36 metres long.“High-explosive containment vessels are critical to the development of nuclear weapons,” ISIS said, while noting they may also have conventional uses.William Goodhind, a forensic imagery analyst at Contested Ground, told Reuters the roof had likely been covered with dirt “to obscure the concrete colour”. ISIS founder David Albright wrote that burying the facility would provide “significant protection from aerial strikes”.Iran has consistently denied seeking nuclear weapons.

Tunnel entrances buried at Isfahan and reinforced near Natanz

Further west, at the Isfahan nuclear complex, satellite images show all three tunnel entrances to an underground complex have now been backfilled with soil.The site was among three enrichment facilities bombed by the United States during last year’s 12-day war between Israel and Iran. Diplomats say parts of Isfahan have stored enriched uranium.ISIS reported in late January that two entrances had been buried; by 9 February, a third had also been sealed. A 10 February image confirmed the tunnels were “completely buried”.According to ISIS, backfilling would help dampen the impact of airstrikes and complicate any ground raid aimed at seizing or destroying nuclear material.Near the Natanz nuclear facility, imagery also points to activity at a tunnel complex under a mountain roughly 2km away, known as Pickaxe Mountain. Analysts observed numerous vehicles, including cement mixers and dump trucks, suggesting ongoing efforts to “harden and defensively strengthen” the entrances.ISIS said Iran’s precise plans for the facility remain unclear.

Follow on Google News Follow on Flipboard
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Previous ArticleBangladesh PM Tarique Rahman Day 1 Live Updates: ‘Regardless of being Hindu, Muslim, Bangladesh belongs to all,’ says Rahman in maiden address as PM
Next Article Manipur Board 2026 Class 12th Exams: Over 31,000 students appearing for annual examinations
editorial
  • Website

Related Posts

Subramanyam Vedam: Freed of murder charges after 43 years, why is Indian-origin Subramanyam Vedam still not free in US? | World News – The Times of India

February 19, 2026

Sunil Gavaskar: ‘Expectations weighing him down’: Sunil Gavaskar reveals how Abhishek Sharma can survive T20 World Cup test | Cricket News – The Times of India

February 19, 2026

US is planning to launch a website that may make governments across Europe quite angry, as it will allow Europeans to … – The Times of India

February 19, 2026

T20 World Cup 2026 Fixtures: Full Super 8 schedule for all teams with match timings and venues | Cricket News – The Times of India

February 19, 2026

Saudi Arabia Vs Uae: Saudi Arabia vs UAE: The Power Struggle Reshaping the Middle East | World News – The Times of India

February 19, 2026

Brother vs brother: The ‘new’ Albie Morkel India must take note of before T20 World Cup Super Eight | Cricket News – The Times of India

February 19, 2026
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Economy News

Subramanyam Vedam: Freed of murder charges after 43 years, why is Indian-origin Subramanyam Vedam still not free in US? | World News – The Times of India

By editorialFebruary 19, 2026

An Indian-origin man who spent 43 years in prison before his murder conviction was overturned,…

Neena Gupta recalls Subhash Ghai’s humiliating request to wear padded bra in Khalnayak: ‘I was so angry’

February 19, 2026

Sunil Gavaskar: ‘Expectations weighing him down’: Sunil Gavaskar reveals how Abhishek Sharma can survive T20 World Cup test | Cricket News – The Times of India

February 19, 2026
Top Trending

Subramanyam Vedam: Freed of murder charges after 43 years, why is Indian-origin Subramanyam Vedam still not free in US? | World News – The Times of India

By editorialFebruary 19, 2026

An Indian-origin man who spent 43 years in prison before his murder…

Neena Gupta recalls Subhash Ghai’s humiliating request to wear padded bra in Khalnayak: ‘I was so angry’

By editorialFebruary 19, 2026

Veteran actor Neena Gupta recalled a phase in her career when financial…

Sunil Gavaskar: ‘Expectations weighing him down’: Sunil Gavaskar reveals how Abhishek Sharma can survive T20 World Cup test | Cricket News – The Times of India

By editorialFebruary 19, 2026

Abhishek Sharma (AP Photo) NEW DELHI: India legend Sunil Gavaskar believes the…

Subscribe to News

Get the latest sports news from NewsSite about world, sports and politics.

Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest Vimeo WhatsApp TikTok Instagram

News

  • Education
  • Health
  • National News
  • Relationship & Wellness
  • World News
  • Politics

Company

  • Information
  • Advertising
  • Classified Ads
  • Contact Info
  • Do Not Sell Data
  • GDPR Policy
  • Media Kits

Services

  • Subscriptions
  • Customer Support
  • Bulk Packages
  • Newsletters
  • Sponsored News
  • Work With Us

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

© Copyright Global News Bulletin.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Accessibility
  • Website Developed by Digital Strikers

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.