Close Menu
  • Home
  • Education
  • Health
  • National News
  • Politics
  • Relationship & Wellness
  • World News
What's Hot

82 km in less than 1 hour: Delhi-Meerut Namo Bharat corridor set for full opening on Feb 22

February 21, 2026

Zepto delivery boy killed after speeding car rams scooter in Delhi’s Subhash Nagar; driver held | Delhi News – The Times of India

February 21, 2026

India AI Impact Summit 2026: Maharashtra will ensure AI moves beyond pilot projects and reaches farmers, says CM Devendra Fadnavis

February 21, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Global News Bulletin
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Education
  • Health
  • National News
  • Politics
  • Relationship & Wellness
  • World News
Global News Bulletin
Home»Business»After layoffs and shutting down studios, Meta is making more changes to the 'team' Mark Zuckerberg changed company's name for – The Times of India
Business

After layoffs and shutting down studios, Meta is making more changes to the 'team' Mark Zuckerberg changed company's name for – The Times of India

editorialBy editorialFebruary 21, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Telegram Copy Link
After layoffs and shutting down studios, Meta is making more changes to the 'team' Mark Zuckerberg changed company's name for – The Times of India
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email Copy Link
After layoffs and shutting down studios, Meta is making more changes to the 'team' Mark Zuckerberg changed company's name for

Meta is changing its metaverse strategy once again. The social media giant is now making a major change to the Horizon Worlds VR-exclusive app, originally designed for Meta Quest headsets. Meta said it will separate its Quest VR ecosystem from the free, social 3D virtual experience and shift its focus largely to mobile users to compete with Roblox and Fortnite. This comes after the company laid off about 10% of its Reality Labs division, closed three VR studios, stopped new content for the VR fitness app Supernatural, and discontinued its metaverse platform for work. In 2021, the Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg also changed the company’s name, and last year, Meta’s Reality Labs lost $20 billion.

What Meta said about shifting Horizon Worlds’ focus from VR to mobile

In a blog post, Samantha Ryan, Reality Labs’ VP of content, said Meta is “explicitly separating” its “Quest VR platform from our Worlds platform” and “shifting the focus of Worlds to be almost exclusively mobile.” Horizon Worlds was originally launched for VR, but the company now plans to compete more directly with platforms like Roblox and Fortnite that offer user-generated experiences on smartphones. Ryan said, “To truly change the game and tap into a much larger market, we’re going all-in on mobile.”“We’re in a strong position to deliver synchronous social games at scale, thanks to our unique ability to connect those games with billions of people on the world’s biggest social networks. You saw this strategy start to unfold in 2025, and now, it’s our main focus,” she noted.She even added that Meta will prioritise support for third-party developers in VR. “While we’re proud of the world-class work from Oculus Studios over the years, among 1P and 3P apps, 86% of the effective time people spend in their VR headsets is with third-party apps,” she said, underscoring the company’s shift in emphasis within its Reality Labs division.What we know about Meta VR hardware’s futureMeta said it will continue developing VR hardware despite the strategic shift. “We have a robust roadmap of future VR headsets that will be tailored to different audience segments as the market grows and matures,” Ryan said, adding that upcoming devices, which could include a new mainline Quest headset, may come at a higher price point.Meta CTO Andrew Bosworth also discussed the company’s evolving approach in a recent episode of the Access podcast.Following its earlier push into the metaverse, Zuckerberg has increasingly positioned AI as central to the company’s future social platforms. The approach could include AI-generated games that users can create and share through their social feeds. “There are 3D versions of that, and there are 2D versions of that and Horizon, I think, fits very well with the kind of immersive 3D version of that,” Zuckerberg said during the company’s latest earnings call.

Follow on Google News Follow on Flipboard
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Previous ArticleGoogle Chrome gets split view, built-in PDF editing and ‘Save to Google Drive’ option for downloads
Next Article India AI Impact Summit 2026: Maharashtra will ensure AI moves beyond pilot projects and reaches farmers, says CM Devendra Fadnavis
editorial
  • Website

Related Posts

Zepto delivery boy killed after speeding car rams scooter in Delhi’s Subhash Nagar; driver held | Delhi News – The Times of India

February 21, 2026

Israel launches strike on Lebanon; 10 dead including senior Hezbollah leader —video shows aftermath – The Times of India

February 21, 2026

Close calls, big statements: Associates make noise at T20 World Cup, will ICC listen? | Cricket News – The Times of India

February 21, 2026

'O' Romeo' Full Movie Collection: 'O' Romeo' box office collection Day 8: Shahid Kapoor starrer begins second weekend by crossing Rs 75 crore worldwide | – The Times of India

February 21, 2026

Ranveer mgr got calls, notes from ‘Canada-based’ Lawrence Bishnoi gang aide demanding Rs 20cr: FIR | Mumbai News – The Times of India

February 21, 2026

'We were shocked to hear that': Only daughter of ex-Isro employee who killed wife refuses to fly from US for funeral, cites personal reasons | Bengaluru News – The Times of India

February 21, 2026
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Economy News

82 km in less than 1 hour: Delhi-Meerut Namo Bharat corridor set for full opening on Feb 22

By editorialFebruary 21, 2026

2 min readUpdated: Feb 20, 2026 08:36 PM IST Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut Namo Bharat Corridor: The much-awaited…

Zepto delivery boy killed after speeding car rams scooter in Delhi’s Subhash Nagar; driver held | Delhi News – The Times of India

February 21, 2026

India AI Impact Summit 2026: Maharashtra will ensure AI moves beyond pilot projects and reaches farmers, says CM Devendra Fadnavis

February 21, 2026
Top Trending

82 km in less than 1 hour: Delhi-Meerut Namo Bharat corridor set for full opening on Feb 22

By editorialFebruary 21, 2026

2 min readUpdated: Feb 20, 2026 08:36 PM IST Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut Namo Bharat…

Zepto delivery boy killed after speeding car rams scooter in Delhi’s Subhash Nagar; driver held | Delhi News – The Times of India

By editorialFebruary 21, 2026

NEW DELHI:A 25-year-old delivery executive working with an online grocery delivery platform…

India AI Impact Summit 2026: Maharashtra will ensure AI moves beyond pilot projects and reaches farmers, says CM Devendra Fadnavis

By editorialFebruary 21, 2026

3 min readMumbaiUpdated: Feb 20, 2026 02:31 PM IST Maharashtra is determined…

Subscribe to News

Get the latest sports news from NewsSite about world, sports and politics.

Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest Vimeo WhatsApp TikTok Instagram

News

  • Education
  • Health
  • National News
  • Relationship & Wellness
  • World News
  • Politics

Company

  • Information
  • Advertising
  • Classified Ads
  • Contact Info
  • Do Not Sell Data
  • GDPR Policy
  • Media Kits

Services

  • Subscriptions
  • Customer Support
  • Bulk Packages
  • Newsletters
  • Sponsored News
  • Work With Us

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

© Copyright Global News Bulletin.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Accessibility
  • Website Developed by Digital Strikers

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.