Close Menu
  • Home
  • Education
  • Health
  • National News
  • Politics
  • Relationship & Wellness
  • World News
What's Hot

Trump tariffs struck down by US Supreme Court: What it means for India – 55% exports to America free from 18% duty – The Times of India

February 20, 2026

Supreme Court directs CJ of Calcutta High Court to appoint judicial officers for deciding claims, objections in WB SIR

February 20, 2026

Can Trump overturn Supreme Court tariff ruling? What US Constitution says – The Times of India

February 20, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Global News Bulletin
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Education
  • Health
  • National News
  • Politics
  • Relationship & Wellness
  • World News
Global News Bulletin
Home»National News»Marathi Manoos won’t have to leave Mumbai, get houses in heart of city: Fadnavis
National News

Marathi Manoos won’t have to leave Mumbai, get houses in heart of city: Fadnavis

editorialBy editorialJanuary 4, 2026No Comments4 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Telegram Copy Link
Marathi Manoos won’t have to leave Mumbai, get houses in heart of city: Fadnavis
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email Copy Link

Promising a transparent Mumbai makeover complete with ease of living and livelihood opportunities, Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis on Saturday said “Marathi Manoos will not have to go out of the city and that they will get houses within the city”.

He declared that Mumbai’s next mayor will be from the Mahayuti and the mayor will be a Hindu and Marathi. Fadnavis was addressing a joint BJP, Shiv Sena and RPI rally for the BMC elections at Worli, emphasising on making the country’s financial capital safe and secure by driving away illegal Bangladeshi infiltrators who have made the city their home. “In Mumbai, Marathi Manoos will no longer be driven away. Instead, they will be eligible for decent homes right in the heart of city. To address pollution, a dedicated Rs 17,000 crore budget will be set aside to tackle the problem effectively,” he said.

Confident of a grand victory in the BMC polls, Fadnavis said, “We don’t get intimidated by false storms. Our resolve is unshakable.”

Confident of a grand victory in the BMC polls, Fadnavis said, “We don’t get intimidated by false storms. Our resolve is unshakable.” Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis (left) and Deputy CM Eknath Shinde at an election rally. Confident of a grand victory in the BMC polls, Fadnavis said, “We don’t get intimidated by false storms. Our resolve is unshakable.” (Express Photo by Amit Chakravarty)

“During elections, there are some (Shiv Sena-UBT and MNS) who raise the bogey of threat to Mumbai. Such false narrative to break Mumbai from Maharashtra is spread to mislead people. But such cannards are not going to work. People know who is what,” Fadnavis said, adding that “under PM Narendra Modi the city got maximum funds for mega projects. And it is evident for people to see”.

“Through 450-km metro network we want to interconnect entire MMR region. So far 350-km work is complete. The purpose is is ensure people travelling anywhere across Mumbai Metropolitan Region should reach within 59 minutes. We plan not only to decongest Mumbai and enhance commuting but ensure better life and livelihood for Mumbai’s poor, middle-class, working class,” he asserted.

While targeting rivals for compromising on Hindutva, Fadnavis said, “We are not against any religion or religious practice. We are opposed to those living in India refusing to say ‘Vande Mataram’ and ‘Bharat Mata Ki Jai’.”

“In the name of religion if some segments indulge in anti-nattional acts, it will not be tolerated. They will be taught a lesson as security of Mumbai, Maharashtra and India cannot be compromised,” he warned.

Story continues below this ad

Referring to Uddhav Thackeray and Raj Thackeray, Fadnavis said some media persons wondered how we will fight them in the BMC polls. “My response is we don’t get intimidated by false power… They fear false storms who lack courage,” he said.

Referring to several mega projects in the city from coastal road and metro to housing development, the chief minister said, “Our rivals are trying to take credit for our projects. But Mumbaikars are not going to be fooled by such gimmicks. Everybody knows who has done the work in Maximum Mumbai. Even if you wake them up in the middle of night, they will say it was Mahayuti. Whereas, it was Uddhav Thackeray’s regime in Maha Vikas Aghadi which stalled all projects in Mumbai.”

Earlier, speaking at the rally, Shiv Sena president and Deputy CM Eknath Shinde said, “Uddhav Thackeray looted the BMC. They want power to secure their politics and family. They are not concerned about Marathi Manoos. They remember them only in elections.”

“Uddhav has compromises Bal Thackeray’s beliefs and legacy by compromising with those who are against Hindutva. Now, even the Congress seems to have dumped them,” he said.

Shinde termed Uddhav as “corruption samrat (king of corruption)”.

Story continues below this ad

“Whether it is the Ram Temple or abrogation of Article 370, Modi fulfilled the dreams of Bal Thackeray,” he added.

Follow on Google News Follow on Flipboard
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Previous ArticleEscorted off plane in handcuffs: First video shows Nicolás Maduro in US custody; wishes agents ‘happy new year’ at DEA office – The Times of India
Next Article Drama! Mustafizur Rahman row: IPL broadcast to be suspended in Bangladesh? | Cricket News – The Times of India
editorial
  • Website

Related Posts

Supreme Court directs CJ of Calcutta High Court to appoint judicial officers for deciding claims, objections in WB SIR

February 20, 2026

Race Course Road slums: 717 households near PM’s home asked to vacate by March 6

February 20, 2026

Who is Karan Gupta? Indian-origin former Optum director convicted in US ‘ghost job’ kickbacks scheme

February 20, 2026

Iran-US Tensions Live News Updates: Donald Trump says he ‘is considering limited military strike’ on Iran

February 20, 2026

PM Internship Scheme: Over 1 lakh CA firms may soon open doors for youth in small towns

February 20, 2026

27 years after Bokaro Steel Plant theft, Jharkhand High Court steps in to save CISF constable from ‘harsh’ punishment

February 20, 2026
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Economy News

Trump tariffs struck down by US Supreme Court: What it means for India – 55% exports to America free from 18% duty – The Times of India

By editorialFebruary 20, 2026

The US Supreme Court’s ruling striking down president Donald Trump’s tariffs will mean that 55%…

Supreme Court directs CJ of Calcutta High Court to appoint judicial officers for deciding claims, objections in WB SIR

February 20, 2026

Can Trump overturn Supreme Court tariff ruling? What US Constitution says – The Times of India

February 20, 2026
Top Trending

Trump tariffs struck down by US Supreme Court: What it means for India – 55% exports to America free from 18% duty – The Times of India

By editorialFebruary 20, 2026

The US Supreme Court’s ruling striking down president Donald Trump’s tariffs will…

Supreme Court directs CJ of Calcutta High Court to appoint judicial officers for deciding claims, objections in WB SIR

By editorialFebruary 20, 2026

West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee had alleged that the SIR process…

Can Trump overturn Supreme Court tariff ruling? What US Constitution says – The Times of India

By editorialFebruary 20, 2026

The US Supreme Court’s ruling striking down tariffs imposed under emergency powers…

Subscribe to News

Get the latest sports news from NewsSite about world, sports and politics.

Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest Vimeo WhatsApp TikTok Instagram

News

  • Education
  • Health
  • National News
  • Relationship & Wellness
  • World News
  • Politics

Company

  • Information
  • Advertising
  • Classified Ads
  • Contact Info
  • Do Not Sell Data
  • GDPR Policy
  • Media Kits

Services

  • Subscriptions
  • Customer Support
  • Bulk Packages
  • Newsletters
  • Sponsored News
  • Work With Us

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

© Copyright Global News Bulletin.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Accessibility
  • Website Developed by Digital Strikers

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.