Close Menu
  • Home
  • Education
  • Health
  • National News
  • Politics
  • Relationship & Wellness
  • World News
What's Hot

Subramanyam Vedam: Freed of murder charges after 43 years, why is Indian-origin Subramanyam Vedam still not free in US? | World News – The Times of India

February 19, 2026

Neena Gupta recalls Subhash Ghai’s humiliating request to wear padded bra in Khalnayak: ‘I was so angry’

February 19, 2026

Sunil Gavaskar: ‘Expectations weighing him down’: Sunil Gavaskar reveals how Abhishek Sharma can survive T20 World Cup test | Cricket News – The Times of India

February 19, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Global News Bulletin
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Education
  • Health
  • National News
  • Politics
  • Relationship & Wellness
  • World News
Global News Bulletin
Home»Business»US is planning to launch a website that may make governments across Europe quite angry, as it will allow Europeans to … – The Times of India
Business

US is planning to launch a website that may make governments across Europe quite angry, as it will allow Europeans to … – The Times of India

editorialBy editorialFebruary 19, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Telegram Copy Link
US is planning to launch a website that may make governments across Europe quite angry, as it will allow Europeans to … – The Times of India
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email Copy Link
US is planning to launch a website that may make governments across Europe quite angry, as it will allow Europeans to …

The US government is reportedly planning to launch a website that will allow people in Europe and elsewhere to see content banned by their governments including alleged hate speech and terrorist propaganda, reports news agency Reuters. Citing unnamed sources, the report said that the project is being headed by Undersecretary for Public Diplomacy, Sarah Rogers and was expected to be unveiled at the Munich Security Conference earlier this week. But the announcement was delayed. The site will be hosted at “freedom.gov,” the report added.As per the federal registry get.gov, the web address freedom.gov was registered on January 12. But the site, reports says, had no content but showed the National Design Studio’s logo, the words “fly, eagle, fly” and a log-in form.

What may be wrong with the US launching website to see banned content

The Reuters report says that the project can potentially strain ties between the Trump administration and traditional U.S. allies in Europe, amid the “heightened disputes over trade, Russia’s war in Ukraine and President Donald Trump’s push to assert control over Greenland”.Further, the launch is seen as the government’s attempt to encourage citizens to flout local laws. European governments regulate online content more strictly than the United States, where the Constitution offers broad free speech protections. The European Union requires platforms to restrict or remove content considered illegal hate speech, terrorist material, or harmful disinformation. US officials have criticised rules such as the EU’s Digital Services Act and Britain’s Online Safety Act, arguing they limit free expression.Former State Department official Kenneth Propp said the website would likely be seen in Europe as an attempt by the US to undermine national laws. “It would be perceived as a U.S. effort to frustrate European legal provisions,” he said.This may not be a first by the US government. The Reuters report states that before Trump’s second term, the US government helped fund commercial VPNs and other tools as part of efforts to promote democracy globally and help users access free information in China, Iran, Russia, Belarus, Cuba, Myanmar and other countries.

Follow on Google News Follow on Flipboard
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Previous ArticleRs 1,495 crore for a card! The jaw-dropping story behind Logan Paul’s record-breaking Pokémon card sale
Next Article AI Impact Summit: Avoid these routes today as Delhi Traffic Police issues fresh advisory
editorial
  • Website

Related Posts

Subramanyam Vedam: Freed of murder charges after 43 years, why is Indian-origin Subramanyam Vedam still not free in US? | World News – The Times of India

February 19, 2026

Sunil Gavaskar: ‘Expectations weighing him down’: Sunil Gavaskar reveals how Abhishek Sharma can survive T20 World Cup test | Cricket News – The Times of India

February 19, 2026

T20 World Cup 2026 Fixtures: Full Super 8 schedule for all teams with match timings and venues | Cricket News – The Times of India

February 19, 2026

Fortified tunnels, repaired missile sites: Is Iran preparing for US strike? What satellite images show – The Times of India

February 19, 2026

Saudi Arabia Vs Uae: Saudi Arabia vs UAE: The Power Struggle Reshaping the Middle East | World News – The Times of India

February 19, 2026

Brother vs brother: The ‘new’ Albie Morkel India must take note of before T20 World Cup Super Eight | Cricket News – The Times of India

February 19, 2026
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Economy News

Subramanyam Vedam: Freed of murder charges after 43 years, why is Indian-origin Subramanyam Vedam still not free in US? | World News – The Times of India

By editorialFebruary 19, 2026

An Indian-origin man who spent 43 years in prison before his murder conviction was overturned,…

Neena Gupta recalls Subhash Ghai’s humiliating request to wear padded bra in Khalnayak: ‘I was so angry’

February 19, 2026

Sunil Gavaskar: ‘Expectations weighing him down’: Sunil Gavaskar reveals how Abhishek Sharma can survive T20 World Cup test | Cricket News – The Times of India

February 19, 2026
Top Trending

Subramanyam Vedam: Freed of murder charges after 43 years, why is Indian-origin Subramanyam Vedam still not free in US? | World News – The Times of India

By editorialFebruary 19, 2026

An Indian-origin man who spent 43 years in prison before his murder…

Neena Gupta recalls Subhash Ghai’s humiliating request to wear padded bra in Khalnayak: ‘I was so angry’

By editorialFebruary 19, 2026

Veteran actor Neena Gupta recalled a phase in her career when financial…

Sunil Gavaskar: ‘Expectations weighing him down’: Sunil Gavaskar reveals how Abhishek Sharma can survive T20 World Cup test | Cricket News – The Times of India

By editorialFebruary 19, 2026

Abhishek Sharma (AP Photo) NEW DELHI: India legend Sunil Gavaskar believes the…

Subscribe to News

Get the latest sports news from NewsSite about world, sports and politics.

Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest Vimeo WhatsApp TikTok Instagram

News

  • Education
  • Health
  • National News
  • Relationship & Wellness
  • World News
  • Politics

Company

  • Information
  • Advertising
  • Classified Ads
  • Contact Info
  • Do Not Sell Data
  • GDPR Policy
  • Media Kits

Services

  • Subscriptions
  • Customer Support
  • Bulk Packages
  • Newsletters
  • Sponsored News
  • Work With Us

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

© Copyright Global News Bulletin.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Accessibility
  • Website Developed by Digital Strikers

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.